Just Dance Kids 2014 and Rocksmith 2014 now available.
SAN FRANCISCO — October 22, 2013 – Today, Ubisoft® announced Just Dance® Kids 2014, the fourth Kids title in the leading Just Dance game franchise, is available in North, Central and South America on Wii™ and Wii U™ systems from Nintendo and the Kinect™ for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Rated E for Everyone and available for $29.99, the game is back with new choreographies and a fresh tracklist fit for the entire family.
The tracklist features over 30 songs from kids’ favorite pop stars, TV shows, movies, and more with hits like “One Thing” by One Direction, “Hit the Lights” by Selena Gomez & The Scene, “Give Your Heart a Break” by Demi Lovato and “Put Your Hearts Up” By Ariana Grande. There are new features and family favorite modes, including:
• Just Create Mode: Exclusively for Kinect, Just Create Mode lets kids star in their very own music video by creating their own original choreography and dance routines.
• Dance Director Mode: Available for the Wii U, Dance Director Mode allows one player to act as the leader by using the GamePad to surprise players with dance move suggestions in the middle of songs. Kids can show off their unique moves and get awarded points from the Dance Director!
• Parents Corner: This feature put the parents in control. With non-stop shuffle, fitness tracker, and custom playlists, Parents Corner even lets parents see how many calories their child is burning while dancing.
The tracklist includes the following tracks:
• “Hit The Lights” by Selena Gomez & The Scene
• “Give Your Heart A Break” by Demi Lovato
• “We Go Well Together” by Goldheart
• “One Thing” by One Direction
• “Put Your Hearts Up” by Ariana Grande
• “Make It Shine (Victorious Theme)” by Victorious Cast featuring Victoria Justice
• “Ready Or Not” by Bridgit Mendler
• “Get Ready To Wiggle” by The Wiggles
• “The Freeze Game” by Yo Gabba Gabba!
• “7 8 9”
• “Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)”
• “Do You Love Me (Now That I Can Dance)”
• “Get Down On It”
• “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”
• “I Like To Move It”
• “Magic Carpet Ride”
• “Problem (Monster Remix)”
• “Fraggle Rock (Opening and Closing Theme)”
• “The Hustle”
• “The Tiki Tiki Tiki Room”
• “Walking On Sunshine”
Ubisoft® also announced that Rocksmith® 2014 Edition™, is now available at retail throughout North America.
Rocksmith 2014 Edition is the sequel to 2011’s immensely popular Rocksmith, which taught over 1.5 million players how to play the guitar by enabling players to plug any real guitar or bass with a standard ¼” jack directly into their Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Sony PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, PC or Mac®. Rocksmith 2014 Edition includes new features, new modes, optimized tracking and responsiveness, a completely redesigned interface, new techniques and tunings, and much more. Aspiring guitarists can now learn to play guitar in just 60 days with Rocksmith 2014 Edition.
Exclusively in Rocksmith 2014 Edition is the revolutionary Session Mode, a new technology developed in San Francisco that allows up to two users to play guitar alongside a virtual band that follows their every lead in real-time. Players choose the style of music and from over 70 instruments they’d like to play with, and on-screen prompts help the player learn how to improvise and jam live with a band.
Core to the Rocksmith learning experience is the new Instant Riff Repeater which lets players choose the difficulty, speed and section of each track they play, helping them focus on the particular sections that they struggle with the most. Players are now in full control of their learning pace and can master every part of the songs they want to learn.
Jerry Cantrell, lead guitarist and vocalist of Alice In Chains says, “I wish I had Rocksmith when I was learning guitar.” Jim Rosenberg, President of Epiphone Guitars states, “Rocksmith is the most fun and effective way to improve your guitar skills.”
Rocksmith 2014 Edition includes over 50 songs, including hits by Aerosmith, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Muse, Nirvana, Pantera, Queen, Radiohead, Rise Against, Slayer, System Of A Down, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Weezer, and many more. For the full list of tracks, please visit http://www.Rocksmith.com
Players who already own the previous version of Rocksmith (released in 2011) will be able to further enjoy their rock experience in Rocksmith 2014 Edition by importing 52 songs from the original Rocksmith for $9.99. Each song from the first version has been revamped to support all of the new features. Additionally, previous DLC purchased for Rocksmith will be compatible with Rocksmith 2014 Edition at no extra cost.
To further extend the Rocksmith experience, a comprehensive list of DLC songs and packs is planned. With the release of the game, a first DLC batch is already available including the following songs.
Each song is priced at $2.99:
• The Smashing Pumpkins – Cherub Rock
• Them Crooked Vultures – Mind Eraser, No Chaser
• Chicago – 25 To 6 Or 4
• Albert King – The Sky Is Crying
• Queens Of The Stone Age – My God Is The Sun
• Tame Impala – Elephant
• The Hives – Hate To Say I Told You So
• The Lumineers – Ho Hey
The standard edition of the game, available for $79.99, will include the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable™, a unique ¼” to USB cable. This revolutionary cable turns the guitar’s signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be recognized and played through video game consoles as well as PC and Mac®, and it is compatible with all versions of Rocksmith. The guitar bundle, available for $199.99, includes an Epiphone Les Paul Jr guitar, along with the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable. For people that already own the original Rocksmith and have access to the Real Tone Cable, the software only version is available for $59.99. Rocksmith 2014 Edition is rated “T” for Teen.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher, and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 29 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2012-13 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,256 million. To learn more, please visit http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.