12 players suspended in MLB steroid case
There were 12 players suspended by Major League Baseball in regard to its Biogenesis case, absent from the list is Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez who faces a suspension through the end of the 2014 season for his role in the Biogenesis case AND he is believed to have been untruthful about his involvement. Below is the list of players suspended for 50 games in the Biogenesis case.
- Nelson Cruz, Texas Rangers outfielder.
- Everth Cabrera, San Diego Padres shortstop.
- Jhonny Peralta, Detroit Tigers shortstop.
- Antonio Bastardo, Philadelphia Phillies reliever.
- Jordany Valdespin, New York Mets outfielder.
- Francisco Cervelli, Yankees catcher.
- Jesus Montero, Seattle Mariners catcher.
- Cesar Puello, New York Mets outfield prospect.
- Fautino De Los Santos, San Diego Padres pitching prospect.
- Sergio Escalona, Houston Astros pitching prospect.
- Fernando Martinez, New York Yankees outfield prospect.
- Jordan Norberto, free-agent pitcher.
More fallout is expected soon and we’ll have updates on that as it happens.
Posted on August 5, 2013, in All Sports, Baseball, Major League Baseball and tagged detroit tigers, houston astros, jesus montero, jhonny peralta, mlb, nelson cruz, new york mets, new york yankees, philadelphia phillies, san diego padres, seattle mariners, texas rangers. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.